As we have shared with you in the past, intern pastor, Newton Chilingulo, who is originally from Malawi has been dreaming, praying and planning for the past few years to move his family back to his home country for the purpose of planting a gospel-centered, biblically-solid church.
Lord willingly, the time is approaching for this dream to actually come true. In preparation for this huge move, Newton, his wife Vanessa, and their baby girl, Aya, boarded a bus in Johannesburg on Monday to take them on the day and a half journey to Lilongwe, Malawi. Newton has traveled to Malawi a few times this year, but this will be the first trip they will make together as a family. The main purpose of this trip is to begin making connections with others pastors in the city in order to gain wisdom about church planting in this area. Also, they plan to scout out areas/homes for the family to settle when they make the move, which is targeted for the beginning of February, 2014. They will be gone for almost three weeks and are asking the Body of Christ to pray in specific ways for them:
- That God would grant them wisdom as they begin to explore church planting
- That they would identify a place to live
- That the trip would be safe and fruitful
- Malaria is widespread in Malawi. Please pray for protection against this, especially for Aya.
- For the future transition for the whole family as they leave South Africa to make Malawi their home
- That Aya’s adoption would be finalized by the end of the year
- That all the details would come together for their projected move date of Feb. 3rd, 2014